In the spirit of the 4th of July and awesomeness for awesomeness’s sake (say that five times), we thought we’d offer you all a challenge to do something good for someone else this week.
So your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find one small way to brighten someone’s day using $5.00 or less. You can interpret that any way you would like, but by next Monday morning your deed should be completed if you’re up for it.
- Pay the toll of the person behind you on the highway
- Pick up coffee for someone in line with you
- Make lunch or dinner for someone
- Mow a friend’s lawn (that’s got to be worth more than $5!)
- Offer your services to someone for an hour
- Literally give your $5 to someone who is struggling
There are a TON of things you could come up with, but the best are those that are really meaningful to YOU. The opportunities to make a difference in someone’s life are endless and the happiness you’ll get from cheering someone up is worth WAY more than $5. God can do so much with so little that you never know what your small contribution could lead to. We’ve heard some life changing stories over the years, many of which start with a measly $5 or just an hour of time.
So, that’s the challenge, ladies and gentleman! Are you ready for a little life change action? We want to hear what you did! Please leave us a comment with whatever creative thing you decided to do and the story that goes with it.