Here’s how it works
1. Choose your offer. Before you shop (or while you’re shopping), you choose the offers that interest you. For example, you may fire up your Ibotta and see an offer for $1 cash back on orange juice or $1.50 on Colgate toothpaste.
2. Learn about the product. You then learn a fact about the product, answer a question, or watch a short video to “earn” your cash back.
3. Take a pic of your receipt. Once you’re done shopping, you take a in-app picture of your receipt and send it Ibotta.
4. Get paid. Ibotta puts the money directly into a linked Paypal account once you’ve earned at least $5.
Ibotta currently works at these retailers:
- CVS Pharmacy
- Stop & Shop
- Fred Meyer
- King Soopers
- Duane Reade
- Pick ‘N Save
- Tom Thumb
- Giant Eagle
- Harris Teeter
- Food 4 Less
- WinCo Foods
- United States Armed Forces Commissary
My wife and I use the CVS Extra Care card to get deals like 25% our entire purchase or $1-5 bucks cash back on a promotional item, so when we used the Ibotta app in conjunction with those offers, we were able to get a Colgate Optic White toothpaste for .46¢ and a giant Dove shampoo for $1.10.
We bought enough to earn $5 cash back and I’m happy to report that the money did show up in our Paypal account.
One note: All the offers we saw were brand name products and there were cases where buying the store brand was still cheaper, so be wary and continue to compare costs.
Potential Monthly Savings: $25 – $100