If you haven’t checked out Ebates yet, it is well worth a look. Ebates is an online site that gives you cash back on every purchase you make at an online retailer through them.
How it works
1. Sign up for your Ebates account (right now you’ll get a $10 bonus at a retailer of your choice for joining).
2. Browse the categories for the items you’re looking for and you’ll see how much cash back is offered. Typically this is 4-8%, but some go up to 20%.
3. Click on your deal and make your purchase.
4. Your cash back will appear in your account within a few days and you’ll get a quarterly check.
- Huge Selection of Retailers
- The percentages of cash back a good (watch for double cash back days)
- $10.00 Sign up Bonus
- They’ve been in business since 1998
- If you’re not careful, it has the potential to make you spend more. Only use it for things you would buy anyway!
- They only pay out 4 times a year
- Minimum balance required
One downside to online earnings is that they lend themselves to internet purchases rather than actual trips to the store. Fortunately, all is not lost. In many cases, the way to take advantage of Ebates for shopping at brick-and-mortar establishments is purchasing gift cards online and using them when you go to the local store. For example, you can get 3.5 percent cash back when you buy a Walgreens gift card through Ebates.
Another way to maximize your cash back is to get the Target RedCard. It’s a debit card, so you won’t rack up debt and you’ll get an extra 5% off every purchase. Combine that with ebates and you can get 5-10% back on everything you buy there. Again, resist the urge to buy more than you usually would.
Potential Monthly Savings: $10 – $40